Tramuntana Mountains – Western Mallorca
The GR221 Tramuntana Traverse – ‘The Drystone Trail’ | 2023 DATES TO BE CONFIRMED
A 6-day, 90-mile Challenge, crossing the Tramuntana Mountain range in western Mallorca. Following the spine of the mountains from south to north along the western coast. Overnighting in mountain refuges with bed/breakfast/evening meal and luggage transfers included.
Dormitary accommodation in the mountain refuges, hotel bed and breakfast on the first and last nights of the trip.
An epic journey. Trail running through incredible limestone landscapes dotted with idyllic mountain villages and lofty peaks.
- We are now widening our horizons and offering exclusive trail running and hiking adventures along the GR221 – The Drystone Trail – traversing Mallorca’s incredible Tramuntana mountain range.
- The route takes us on a journey of around 90 miles through a limestone landscape high above the western shoreline, occasionally plunging down to the coast before heading into the hills once more.
- The Trail visits a myriad of idyllic Mallorcan mountain villages – Esporles, Valldemossa, Deia, and Pollenca. At times the landscape is breathtaking, awe-inspiring, so when it gets this good we stop, and take time-out to take it all in. It’s not a race, but it is a challenge!
- The Challenge takes us 6 days, with 6 nights accommodation in Mountain Refuges. The accommodation is dormitory-style, it is not luxurious, but it is clean and friendly and finds us in some wonderful off-piste locations. Breakfast and evening meals are included.
- The GR221 Drystone Trail is not easy, two days will be of marathon distance, and all but the last day will include considerable amounts of ascent. To complete this Challenge you must be physically fit and be capable of running/hiking marathon distances on subsequent days.